Terms & Conditions
- When Accepted by Web Werks, the Order submitted by Customer creates a contract between Customer and Web Werks, consisting of the Order, the applicable Service Description and these Terms of Service. An Order is “Accepted” by Web Werks when
(i) with respect to Orders submitted online, Web Werks provisions Services in response to the Order or bills Customer for payment and
(ii) with respect to Orders reduced to writing and signed on an approved Web Werks form, when an authorized representative of Web Werks executes and delivers such form signed by Customer.
- Web Werks will provide, and Customer will purchase and pay for, the Services specified in the Order for the service fees specified in the Order and the applicable Service Description (the “Service Fees”).
- In connection with any Hosting Services, Customer will not use storage space in excess of the storage limits established for the Services in the Service Descriptions, plus any storage space purchased by Customer. If Customer uses storage space in excess of such amounts, Web Werks may, without limiting its other rights or remedies, assess Customer with additional fees.
- In connection with any Hosting Services, if Customer’s actual bandwidth usage in any month exceeds the limit, Customer will pay Web Werks such additional fees as may be specified in the Service Description.
Customer will pay to Web Werks the Service Fees in the manner set forth in the Order. Web Werks may increase the Service Fees (i) in the manner permitted in the Service Description and (ii) at any time on or after expiration of the Initial Term by providing ten (10) days prior written notice thereof to Customer. The Service Fees do not include any applicable sales, use, revenue, excise or other taxes imposed by any taxing authority with respect to the Services or any software provided hereunder (excluding any tax on Web Werks’s net income). All such taxes will be added to Web Werks’s invoices for the Service Fees as separate charges to be paid by Customer. All fees are fully earned when due and non-refundable when paid. Unless otherwise specified, invoices for the Service Fees and related charges shall be due and payable within 30 days after the date of the invoice. Any amounts payable to Web Werks not paid when due will bear interest at the rate of one and one half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less. If Web Werks collects any payment due at law or through an attorney / lawyer at law or under advice there from or through a collection agency, Customer will pay all costs of collection, including, without limitation, all court costs and reasonable attorneys’ / lawyer’s fees. If any check is returned for insufficient funds, Web Werks may impose a processing charge of $10.
Term and Termination.
- Hosting Services will commence on the Effective Date indicated in the Order and continue for the duration of the Initial Term. Thereafter, the Order will automatically renew for successive periods (i) of twelve months (with respect to Non-Prepaid Plans) or (ii) as specified in the Service Description (with respect to Prepaid Plans) unless the Order is earlier terminated in accordance with its terms, or either party gives written notice to the other party of non-renewal at least 30 days prior to expiration of the then-current term.
- Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon the occurrence of any one or more of the following events: (i) the other party fails to pay when due any amounts required to be paid under this Agreement; (ii) the other party breaches any material term or provision of this Agreement (other than a breach described in subsection (i) above), and if capable of cure, such breach remains uncured 30 days after the non-breaching party gives written notice thereof to the breaching party; or (iii) the other party becomes insolvent, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors, institutes or becomes subject to any proceeding under any bankruptcy or similar laws for the relief of debtors, or seeks the appointment of, or becomes subject to the appoint of, any trustee or receiver for all or any portion of such party’s assets.
- Web Werks may terminate this Agreement (i) if the Services are prohibited by applicable law, or become impractical or unfeasible for any technical, legal or regulatory reason, by giving Customer as much prior notice as reasonably practicable or (ii) immediately if Web Werks determines in good faith that Customer’s use of the Customer Web site or the Customer Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Upon termination of this Agreement for any cause or reason whatsoever, neither party shall have any further rights or obligations under this Agreement, except as expressly set forth herein. The provisions of Sections 3(d), 3(e), 4, 8, 10, 11, 13 and 14 of this Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement for any cause or reason whatsoever, and, notwithstanding the expiration or termination of this Agreement, the parties shall each remain liable to the other for any indebtedness or other liability theretofore arising under this Agreement. Termination of this Agreement and retention of pre-paid fees and charges shall be in addition to, and not be in lieu of, any other legal or equitable rights or remedies to which Web Werks may be entitled.
- With respect to Non-Prepaid Plans, within 30 days after the termination of this Agreement, Customer will pay the Termination Charge to Web Werks unless (i) Web Werks terminated the Order underSection 3(c) or (ii) Customer terminated the Order under Section 3(b). With respect to Prepaid Plans, Customer will pay the Termination Charge as provided in the Service Description. The parties agree that the Termination Charge constitutes consideration for Web Werks’s time, effort and expense in preparing and reserving the capacity to perform its obligations hereunder, as actual damages are difficult to ascertain. If Customer terminates the Order in accordance with Section 3(b), or if Web Werks terminates the Order under Sections 3(c)(i) or 12(c), Web Werks shall return to Customer, and Customer shall accept, as Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Web Werks’s breach of the Order, any Service Fees paid in advance by Customer hereunder attributable to Services not yet rendered as of the date of termination.
Customer hereby represents and warrants to Web Werks, and agrees that during the Term Customer will ensure that: Customer is the owner or valid licensee of the Customer Content and each element thereof, and Customer has secured all necessary licenses, consents, permissions, waivers and releases for the use of the Customer Content and each element thereof, including without limitation, all trademarks, logos, names and likenesses contained therein, without any obligation by Web Werks to pay any fees, residuals, guild payments or other compensation of any kind to any Person; Customer’s use, publication and display of the Customer Content will not infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any Person, or constitute a defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of any right of publicity or any other right of any Person, including, without limitation, any contractual, statutory or common law right or any “moral right” or similar right however denominated; Customer will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding the Customer Content and the Customer Web site and will use the Customer Web site only for lawful purposes; and Customer has used its best efforts to ensure that the Customer Content is and will at all times remain free of all computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other malicious code.
Customer hereby grants to Web Werks a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide right and license during the Term to do the following to the extent necessary in the performance of Services under the Order: digitize, convert, install, upload, select, order, arrange, compile, combine, synchronize, use, reproduce, store, process, retrieve, transmit, distribute, publish, publicly display, publicly perform and hyperlink the Customer Content; and make archival or back-up copies of the Customer Content and the Customer Web site). Except for the rights expressly granted above, Web Werks is not acquiring any right, title or interest in or to the Customer Content, all of which shall remain solely with Customer.
Customer will abide by, and utilize the Services and the Customer Web site only in accordance with, the Acceptable Use Policy (the “Acceptable Use Policy”) that Web Werks posts on its Web site, as such Acceptable Use Policy may be changed by Web Werks from time to time. The Acceptable Use Policy is hereby incorporated herein and made a part hereof by this reference. Customer shall impose the Acceptable Use Policy on its customers and End Users to the extent necessary to ensure their compliance. Customer shall familiarize itself with the Acceptable Use Policy and periodically access Web Werks’s Web site to determine if Web Werks has made any changes thereto.
- Customer is solely responsible for the quality, performance and all other aspects of the Customer Content and the goods or services provided through the Customer Web site.
- Customer will cooperate fully with Web Werks in connection with Web Werks’s performance of the Services. Customer must provide any equipment or software that may be necessary for Customer to use the Services. Delays in Customer’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement will extend the time for Web Werks’s performance of its obligations that depend on Customer’s performance on a day for day basis. Customer will notify Web Werks of any change in Customer’s mailing address, telephone, e-mail or other contact information.
- Customer assumes full responsibility for providing End Users with any required disclosure or explanation of the various features of the Customer Web site and any goods or services described therein, as well as any rules, terms or conditions of use.
- Customer will provide Web Werks with a registered domain name for the Customer Web site, or, upon Customer’s request and subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, Web Werks will register an Internet domain name on behalf of Customer with a registrar approved by ICANN. Web Werks’s registration of any domain name is subject to (i) Web Werks receiving from Customer all information needed from Customer in order to complete such registration, and (ii) such domain name not being in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation or the policies of the applicable registration service. Registration of a domain name is subject to availability of such domain name for registration, and Web Werks will not be responsible if a domain name is not available for any reason. Web Werks will also not be responsible for any infringement of third-party rights caused by its registration of a domain name for Customer. Customer waives any claims it may have against Web Werks for, and hereby releases Web Werks of and from, any loss, damage, liability or expense arising out of, or relating to, the registration of such domain name in any online or offline network directories, membership lists or registration lists, or the release of the domain name from such directories or lists following the termination of services by Web Werks for any reason. Customer will reimburse Web Werks for all costs and expenses incurred by Web Werks in registering or maintaining a domain name for Customer, including, without limitation, all fees charged by the applicable registrar. Customer acknowledges that its rights to any domain name registered by Web Werks are not being granted by Web Werks but are subject to the rules and regulations of the applicable registrar and applicable law. Customer agrees to be bound by the terms and policies of the applicable registrar and the policies of the national DNS registration authorities to which Customer becomes subject upon registration of the domain name. Customer’s inability to use a domain name shall not entitle Customer to a refund by Web Werks of any fees paid with respect to the registration of such unusable domain name. The domain name for the Customer Web site shall be the property of Customer.
- Because the Hosting Services permit Customer to electronically transmit or upload content directly to the Customer Web site, Customer shall be fully responsible for uploading all content to the Customer Web site and supplementing, modifying and updating the Customer Web site. Customer is also responsible for ensuring that the Customer Content and all aspects of the Customer Web site are compatible with the hardware and software used by Web Werks to provide the Hosting Services, as the same may be changed by Web Werks from time to time. Specifications for the hardware and software used by Web Werks to provide the Hosting Services will be available on Web Werks’s Web site. Customer shall periodically access Web Werks’s Web site to determine if Web Werks has made any changes thereto. Web Werks shall not be responsible for any damages to the Customer Content, the Customer Web site or other damages or any malfunctions or service interruptions caused by any failure of the Customer Content or any aspect of the Customer Web site to be compatible with the hardware and software used by Web Werks to provide the Hosting Services.
- Unless the applicable Service Description provides otherwise, Customer is solely responsible for making back-up copies of the Customer Web site and Customer Content.
- Web Werks hereby grants to Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license, exercisable solely during the term of this Agreement, to use applicable Web Werks Technology solely for the purpose of accessing and using the Services. Customer may not use the Web Werks Technology for any purpose other than accessing and using the Services. Except for the rights expressly granted above, this Agreement does not transfer from Web Werks to Customer any Web Werks Technology, and all rights, titles and interests in and to the Web Werks Technology shall remain solely with Web Werks. Customer shall not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code or other trade secrets from any of the Web Werks Technology.
- Web Werks’s trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, other names and marks, and related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the sole and exclusive property of Web Werks. Customer may not use any of the foregoing in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Web Werks. Web Werks shall maintain and control ownership of all Internet protocol numbers and addresses that may be assigned by Web Werks to Customer. Web Werks may, in its sole discretion, change or remove any and all such Internet protocol numbers and addresses.
- Any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like which Customer sends to Web Werks relating to the Services will be treated as being non-confidential and non-proprietary. Web Werks may use, disclose or publish any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever.
- Web Werks represents and warrants to Customer that the Services will be performed (i) in a manner consistent with industry standards reasonably applicable to the performance thereof; (ii) at least at the same level of service as provided by Web Werks generally to its other customers for the same services; and (iii) in compliance in all material respects with the applicable Service Descriptions. Customer will be deemed to have accepted such Services unless Customer notifies Web Werks within 30 days after performance of any Services of any breach of the foregoing warranties. Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy, and Web Werks’s sole obligation, for breach of the foregoing warranties shall be for Web Werks, at its option, to re-perform the defective Services at no cost to Customer, or, in the event of interruptions to the Services caused by a breach of the foregoing warranties, issue Customer a credit in an amount equal to the current monthly Service Fees pro rated by the number of hours in which the Services have been interrupted.
- The foregoing warranties shall not apply to performance issues or defects in the Services (i) caused by factors outside of Web Werks’s reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from any actions or inactions of Customer or any third parties; or (iii) that resulted from Customer’s equipment or any third-party equipment not within the sole control of Web Werks.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION 9, Web Werks MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, AND Web Werks HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS THE SAME. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE PROVIDED TO CUSTOMER HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY CONDITION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. Web Werks DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE.
- IN NO EVENT WILL Web Werks’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, ANY SOFTWARE PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY ORDER, WHETHER CAUSED BY FAILURE TO DELIVER, NON-PERFORMANCE, DEFECTS, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AGGREGATE SERVICE FEES PAID TO Web Werks BY CUSTOMER DURING THE 12-MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
- Web Werks CANNOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS SERVICE, SERVICE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME, INTEGRITY OF DATA, INFORMATION OR CONTENT STORED OR TRANSMITTED VIA THE INTERNET. Web Werks WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ANY CORRUPTION, ERASURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION OR INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OF, DATA, INFORMATION OR CONTENT TRANSMITTED, RECEIVED OR STORED ON ITS SYSTEM.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED BELOW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, LICENSES OR SERVICES OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, OR FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, UNDER ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT HEREUNDER, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF ANY ORDER, OR (EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTIONS 11 AND 12) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE OTHER PARTY BY A THIRD PARTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIM OR DAMAGES.
- The limitations contained in this Section 10 apply to all causes of action in the aggregate, whether based in contract, tort or any other legal theory (including strict liability), other than claims based on fraud or willful misconduct. The limitations contained in Section 10(c) shall not apply to liability arising on account of a party’s breach of Section 13 or to Customer’s indemnification obligations under Section 11.
Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Web Werks, its affiliates and their respective present, former and future officers, directors, employees and agents, and their respective heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Web Werks Indemnities”), from and against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, without limitation, amounts paid in settlement and reasonable attorneys’ / lawyers fees) which any of the Web Werks Indemnities may suffer, incur or sustain resulting from or arising out of (i) Customer’s breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in the Agreement, (ii) the Customer Content, the Customer Web site or any End User’s use of the Customer Content or the Customer Web site, (iii) violation by Customer or any of its officers, directors, employees or agents of the Acceptable Use Policy or any applicable law, (iv) claims or actions of third parties alleging misappropriation of trade secrets or infringement of patents, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights arising from the use, display or publication of Customer’s domain names, the Customer Web site, the Customer Content, or the use of the Services in combination with hardware, software or content not provided by Web Werks, (v) claims or actions by third parties relating to or arising out of Customer’s use of the Services, and (vi) any failure of the Customer Content or any aspect of the Customer Web site to be compatible with the hardware or software used by Web Werks to provide the Services, including any damage to Web Werks’s servers or other hardware caused thereby.
- Subject to Section 10, Web Werks shall, at its own expense, indemnify, defend and hold Customer harmless from any claim or suit alleging that the Services infringe any patent, copyright or trademark existing on the Effective Date, or that Web Werks has knowingly misappropriated any trade secret or other intellectual property right of any other Person, including any losses, damages or expenses arising from any such claim or suit. Customer agrees to cooperate with and assist Web Werks in the defense or settlement of any such claim or suit. Customer shall be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred in providing any cooperation or assistance requested by Web Werks, but Web Werks will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred without its prior written authorization.
- Promptly after receipt by Customer of a threat of any claim or suit, or a notice of the commencement or filing of any claim or suit, against which Customer may be indemnified hereunder, Customer shall give written notice thereof to Web Werks, provided that failure to give or delay in giving such notice to Web Werks shall not relieve Web Werks of any liability it may have to Customer hereunder, except to the extent that the defense of such claim or suit is prejudiced thereby. Web Werks shall have sole control of the defense, and of all negotiations for settlement, of such claim or suit. Subject to the foregoing, Customer may participate in the defense of any such claim or suit at Customer’s own expense.
- If an injunction, decree or judgment is, or Web Werks believes in its sole discretion is likely to be, entered providing that Customer may not use the Services as contemplated in this Agreement without violating the intellectual property rights of a third party, Web Werks may, at its sole option and expense, either (i) procure for Customer the right to use the Services or affected part thereof as provided in this Agreement; (ii) replace the Services or affected part thereof with other non-infringing services or modify the Services or affected part thereof so as to be non-infringing; or (iii) terminate this Agreement upon written notice to Customer.
- Notwithstanding Section 12(a), Web Werks assumes no liability for infringement claims arising from (i) use of the Services with third-party products or services where the third-party products or services cause the infringement, (ii) any modification of the Services not authorized by Web Werks in writing, (iii) the Customer Content, the Customer Web site or any content, data or information provided or supplied by an End User, or (iv) Customer’s use of any third-party software provided hereunder. THE FOREGOING DEFENSE AND INDEMNIFICATION PROVISIONS STATE THE ENTIRE LIABILITY AND OBLIGATION OF Web Werks, AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF CUSTOMER, WITH RESPECT TO ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT BY THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER.
- Each party will not, without the prior written consent of the other party, use or disclose to any Person any Proprietary Information of the other party disclosed or made available to it, except for use of such Proprietary Information as required in connection with the performance of its obligations or use of the Services hereunder. Subject to Section 13(b), each party will (i) treat the Proprietary Information of the other party as secret and confidential, (ii) limit access to the Proprietary Information of the party to those of its employees who require it in order to effectuate the purposes of this Agreement, and (iii) not disclose the Proprietary Information of the other party to any other Person without the prior written consent of the other party.
- Notwithstanding Section 13(a), the following shall not be considered Proprietary Information: (i) any information that the receiving party can demonstrate by written documentation was within its legitimate possession prior to the time of disclosure by the disclosing party; (ii) any information that was in the public domain prior to disclosure by the disclosing party as evidenced by documents that were published prior to such disclosure; (iii) any information that, after disclosure by the disclosing party, comes into the public domain through no fault of the receiving party, (iv) any information that is disclosed to the receiving party without restriction by a third party who has legitimate possession thereof and the legal right to make such disclosure; or (v) any information that, two years after expiration or termination of this Agreement, does not constitute a trade secret under applicable law.
- Each party acknowledges that disclosure of any aspect of the Proprietary Information of the other party shall immediately give rise to continuing irreparable injury to the other party inadequately compensable in damages at law, and, without prejudice to any other remedy available to the other party, shall entitle the other party to injunctive or other equitable relief. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason, each party shall promptly return to the other party all Proprietary Information of the other party (including all copies thereof) in its possession or control.
- During the term of this Agreement and for two years following expiration or termination of this Agreement, Customer will not, directly or indirectly, solicit or recruit the services of any employee of Web Werks performing services under this Agreement, while such employee is employed by Web Werks and for a period of six months after such employee has left the employment of Web Werks.
- Customer must provide Web Werks with any information, login identifications, passwords or other information or access to facilities that Web Werks may reasonably require to provide the Optional Services Web Werks will have no responsibility for any delays or increased costs or expenses associated with Customer’s failure to provide any of such information. If Customer does not provide any such information or access requested by Web Werks within thirty (30) days of Web Werks’s request therefore, Web Werks may terminate the Order and retain any Service Fees paid.
- If Customer requested that Web Werks perform the Optional Services by a particular deadline or that Web Werks achieve some particular result or outcome, Web Werks will use commercially reasonable best efforts to perform the Services by any such deadline and achieve the result requested by Customer; provided, however, that (i) Web Werks’s ability to perform the Services is subject to Customer’s provision of information and access as provided above and (ii) Web Werks has no liability or obligation to complete the Services by any deadline or achieve any particular outcome of result.
- If Customer wishes to convey documents or files to Web Werks, Customer should deliver to Web Werks a copy or duplicate of such documents or files and not the original copy. Web Werks will not return to Customer any documents or files conveyed to Web Werks.
- Independent Contractor. Web Werks and Customer are independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement places Web Werks and Customer in the relationship of principal and agent, master and servant, partners or joint ventures. Neither party has, expressly or by implication, or may represent itself as having, any authority to make contracts or enter into any agreements in the name of the other party, or to obligate or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. The validity and effect of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the India and are subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction only, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING CONCERNING THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE BROUGHT IN A INDIAN COURT LOCATED IN MUMBAI, STATE MAHARASHTRA, INDIA AND EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY IRREVOCABLY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS (AND OF THE APPROPRIATE APPELLATE COURTS THERE FROM) IN ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY OBJECTION WHICH IT MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE TO THE LAYING OF THE VENUE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING IN ANY SUCH COURT OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING WHICH IS BROUGHT IN ANY SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- Headings. The headings herein are for convenience only and are not part of this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement; Amendments. This Agreement, including documents incorporated herein by reference, supersedes all prior discussions, negotiations and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and this Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement between the parties with respect to the matters covered hereby. In case of a conflict between this Agreement and any purchase order, service order, work order, confirmation, correspondence or other communication of Customer or Web Werks, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall control. No additional terms or conditions relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be effective unless approved in writing by any authorized representative of Customer and Web Werks. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except by another agreement in writing executed by the parties hereto; provided, however, that these Terms of Service may be modified from time to time by Web Werks in its sole discretion, which modifications will be effective upon posting to Web Werks’s Web site.
- Severability. All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- Notices. All notices and demands required or contemplated hereunder by one party to the other shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly made and given upon date of delivery if delivered in person or by an overnight delivery or postal service, upon receipt if delivered by facsimile the receipt of which is confirmed by the recipient, or upon the expiration of five days after the date of posting if mailed by certified mail, postage prepaid, to the addresses or facsimile numbers set forth below the parties’ signatures. Either party may change its address or facsimile number for purposes of this Agreement by notice in writing to the other party as provided herein. Shared Customers may give, and be given, notice by electronic means in certain circumstances as provided in the Service Description.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by any party hereto to exercise any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy by any party preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. No express waiver or assent by any party hereto to any breach of or default in any term or condition of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of or an assent to any succeeding breach of or default in the same or any other term or condition hereof.
- Assignment; Successors. Customer may not assign or transfer this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without the prior written consent of Web Werks. Any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing provision shall be null and void and of no force or effect whatsoever. Web Werks may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement, and may engage subcontractors or agents in performing its duties and exercising its rights hereunder, without the consent of Customer. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Limitation of Actions. No action, regardless of form, arising by reason of or in connection with this Agreement may be brought by either party more than two years after the cause of action has arisen.
- Counterparts. If this Agreement is signed manually, it may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. If this Agreement is signed electronically, Web Werks’s records of such execution shall be presumed accurate unless proven otherwise.
- Force Majeure. Neither party is liable for any default or delay in the performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement (other than failure to make payments when due) if such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond such party’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, accidents, interruptions of transportation or communications, supply shortages or the failure of any third party to perform any commitment relative to the production or delivery of any equipment or material required for such party to perform its obligations hereunder.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement is intended, nor shall anything herein be construed to confer any rights, legal or equitable, in any Person other than the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer acknowledges and agrees that Microsoft, and any supplier of third-party supplier that is identified as a third-party beneficiary in the Service Description, is an intended third-party beneficiary of the provisions set forth in this Agreement as they relate specifically to its products or services and shall have the right to enforce directly the terms and conditions of this Agreement with respect to its products or services against Customer as if it were a party to this Agreement.
- Government Regulations. Customer may not export, re-export, transfer or make available, whether directly or indirectly, any regulated item or information to anyone outside the United States / India in connection with this Agreement without first complying with all export control laws and regulations which may be imposed by the United States / India government and any country or organization of nations within whose jurisdiction Customer operates or does business.
- Marketing. Customer agrees that during the term of this Agreement Web Werks may publicly refer to Customer, orally and in writing, as a customer of Web Werks. Any other public reference to Customer by Web Werks requires the written consent of Customer.
- Telephone Monitoring. To ensure Web Werks’s customers receive quality service, Web Werks randomly selects phone calls for monitoring. These calls, between Web Werks’s customers and employees, are evaluated by supervisors. This is to guarantee that prompt, consistent assistance and accurate information is delivered in a professional manner.
- “Agreement” means each contract created between Web Werks and Customer for the provision of Services consisting of an Order, the applicable Service Description and these Terms of Service.
- “Customer Content” means all data, graphics, text, names, marks, logos, hypertext links to other Web sites and other information incorporated in, transmitted through or published or displayed on the Customer Web site.
- “Customer Web site” means Customer’s site on the World Wide Web portion of the Internet that Web Werks hosts under this Agreement.
- “End User” means any Person who accesses or uses the Customer Web site via the Internet.
- “Web Werks Technology” means Web Werks’s proprietary technology, including, without limitation, Web Werks services, software tools, hardware designs, algorithms, software (in source code and object code forms), user interface designs, architecture, class libraries, objects and documentation (both printed and electronic), network designs, know-how, trade secrets and any related intellectual property rights throughout the world (whether owned by Web Werks or licensed to Web Werks from a third party), and also including any derivatives, improvements, enhancements, updates, modifications or extensions of Web Werks Technology conceived, reduced to practice or developed during the term of this Agreement by either party.
- “Person” means any individual, partnership, joint venture, corporation, limited liability company, trust, unincorporated association or organization, or government or any agency or political subdivision thereof.
- “Proprietary Information” means all technical, business and other information of a party (i) that is not generally known to the public, (ii) that derives value, economic or otherwise, from not being generally known to the public or to other Persons who can obtain value from its disclosure or use, and (iii) which information is subject to efforts that are reasonable under the circumstances to maintain the secrecy thereof.
- “Order” means the Order submitted by the Customer to Web Werks for Services, whether such Order is submitted online through Web Werks’s Web site or on a written Order form.
- “Prepaid Plan” means Hosting Service provided by Web Werks to Customer where the Order provides that the Customer must pay for the Hosting Service in advance for the Initial Term. “Non-Prepaid Plan” means any Hosting Service provided by Web Werks to Customer that is not a Prepaid Plan.
- “Termination Charge” means, with respect to Non-Prepaid Customers only, as of any date of calculation, an amount equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the fees that would become due over the balance of the then-current Term.
- “Terms of Service” means these Terms of Service, as the same may be modified, altered or amended from time to time by Web Werks.
- “Service” means either Hosting Service or Optional Service. “Hosting Service” means the Service provided by Web Werks in response to an Order whereby Web Werks provides the Customer with specified connectivity, storage space and bandwidth for the hosting of a Customer Web site as more particularly described in the applicable Service Description. “Optional Service” means any additional Service (other than Hosting Service) Web Werks may provide in response to an Order, as more particularly described in the applicable Service Description.
- “Service Description” means the applicable documents made available by Web Werks to Customer to describe the applicable Services at the time the Order is accepted by Web Werks.
- “Term” means the duration of any Agreement between Web Werks and Customer. With respect to Hosting Services, the “Initial Term” is the initial term specified in the Order and the “Renewal Term” is the period of time beginning on the expiration of the Initial Term and ending on the termination of expiration of the Order in accordance with its terms. With respect to Optional Services, the “Term” begins when Web Werks accepts the Order and ends on the first to occur of (i) Web Werks’s completion of performance, or (ii) the earlier termination of the Order in any manner permitted by these Terms of Service.
General Terms and Conditions
- Web Werks exercises no control whatsoever over the content of any information located on or passing through our network. Web Werks specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy of information obtained through our services. Any and all information obtained through Web Werks services is at your own risk.
- Web Werks services are to be used for lawful purposes.
- Use of any network reachable through Web Werks must comply with the rules and regulations of that network.
- As a customer of Web Werks and a user of our services you and your company agree to indemnify and to hold harmless Web Werks from any and all claims resulting from your use of the service which causes damage to you or any other party. Web Werks shall not be liable, either in contract or in tort, for the protection from unauthorized access of its customers transmission facilities or customer owned premise equipment, or for unauthorized access to or alteration, theft or destruction of a customers data files, programs, or information through accident, fraudulent means or devices, or any other method.
- Web Werks will not be responsible for performance of its obligations hereunder where delayed or hindered by war, riots, embargoes, strikes, acts of God, or acts of its vendors or , suppliers. Should such occurrence continue for more than 30 days, Web Werks , or its customers may cancel service for the affected , services or products with no further liability.
- Web Werks will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Web Werks makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. Web Werks disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, nondeliveries, wrong deliveries, and any and all service interruptions caused.
- Installation charges, if any, and setup charges are required to be paid in full at the time services are ordered. These charges are non-refundable. Web Werks will subsequently r synchronize your payments to the first year, independent of actual start date. Service is invoiced yearly in advance for all services. Payment is due in full by the first of the month. There is a 5 day grace period. Failure to meet this deadline may result in service interruption. If your payment is returned to us unpaid you are immediately in default and subject to a returned check charge of Rs. 50.00. Accounts in default are subject to an interest charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance. If you default, you agree to pay Web Werks its reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Only a written request to terminate service relieves you and/or your company from the obligation to pay your charges. To terminate service, a company or an individual must provide Web Werks with notice any time prior to the end of the current billing cycle. Web Werks will not pro-rate the final month of service with all services ending on the last day of the current billing cycle.
- Customers are responsible for the use and compatibility of their own hardware and software. In the event that the customer uses hardware and/or software that impairs the customers use of Web Werks services, the customer shall nonetheless be liable for regular payments to Web Werks . Upon notice from Web Werks that the hardware and/or software is causing, or, in the sole opinion of Web Werks , is likely to cause hazard, interference, or service obstruction, the customer shall eliminate the hazard, interference, or service obstruction at once. Customers may, if necessary, pay Web Werks to troubleshoot problems caused by such equipment. Web Werks will not be responsible if any changes in hardware, software, or services cause the customers equipment to become obsolete, or require modification or alteration. Web Werks will, at its option, supply technical services in the form of consulting and/or service to customers at their request. Such services will be billed at rates that are in effect at the time such services are requested. Web Werks reserves the right to refuse any such technical services at its sole option. Payments are due after the delivery of account invoice.
- Web Werks reserves the right to charge customers requesting a refund or returned check via postal mail a handling charge if applicable.
- Web Werks reserves the right to assess legal fees, including attorney and court fees, upon any customer who, by their action or inaction, directly or indirectly causes Web werks to be a defendant or co-defendant in any civil or criminal legal action.
- As a customer of Web Werks you may not assign or transfer your service order without prior written consent of Web Werks. Web Werks may at any time sell, assign, or transfer this agreement with no notice. Web Werks reserves the right to terminate service at anytime.
- Web Werks reserves the right to change its rates and otherwise modify the Terms and Conditions .These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings, or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with the Terms and Conditions of any and all orders submitted.
- These Terms and Conditions cannot be modified except by written amendment by the parties. No agent, employee, or representative of Web Werks has the authority to bind the parties to any representation or warranty unless such is specifically included in these Terms and Conditions, Web Werks Price List or with a written amendment thereto. Disputes arising under this agreement shall be sent by registered mail to the parties to the address shown on the most recent service order.
- Client will use the Provider’s services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws of India and the US Federal Government.
- CLIENT HEREBY AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION ON PROVIDER THROUGH CLIENT’S ACCOUNT(S) WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PATENT, STATUTORY, COMMON LAW OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF OTHERS, OR CONTAIN ANYTHING LIBELOUS OR HARMFUL. ANY POTENTIALLY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY MAY BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT WARNING BY THE PROVIDER. CLIENT HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROVIDER FOR ANY CLAIM RESULTING FROM THE SUBMISSION OF ILLEGAL MATERIALS.
- When you as a company and/or an individual use Web Werks services, this constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions please send them to legal firstname.lastname@example.org